Using the Parental Controls app to monitor your children will give you peace of mind that you can sleep better at night by understanding which sites and apps your children have access to. Who they are talking to etc. It is important for parents to take care of their children. With secure and today’s technology, parental control apps and software and the best way to do it
The best parental control apps for smartphones and tablets can help you keep an eye on your kids, both online and offline, and if you want to know what your kids are doing on the Internet.
- 1 What Does These Apps?
- 1.1 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.2 Net Nanny
- 1.3 Some Extra Pros of Net Nanny
- 1.4 Some Cons of Net Nanny
- 1.5 Kaspersky Safe Kids
- 1.6 Some Extra Pros of Kaspersky Safe Kids
- 1.7 Some Cons of Kaspersky Safe Kids
- 1.8 Norton Family
- 1.9 Some Extra Pros of Norton Family
- 1.10 Some Cons of Norton Family
- 1.11 Qustodio
- 1.12 Some Extra Pros of Qustodio
- 1.13 Some Cons of Qustodio
- 1.14 Bark
- 1.15 Some Extra Pros of Bark
- 1.16 Some Cons of Bark
- 1.17 OurPact
- 1.18 Some Extra Pros of OurPact
- 1.19 Some Cons of OurPact
- 1.20 Screen Time
- 1.21 Some Extra Pros of Screen Time
- 1.22 Some Cons of Screen Time
- 1.23 MMGuardian
- 1.24 Some Extra Pros of MMGuardian
- 1.25 Some Cons of MMGuardian
- 1.26 Boomrang
- 1.27 Some Extra Pros of Boomrang
- 1.28 Some Cons of Boomrang
- 1.29 Final Words
What Does These Apps?
These Apps can track your children’s physical locations, see who they’re chatting with, set daily screen time limits and block objectionable websites. Some of these apps log calls and text, and some may even give you content from text messages and other messaging platforms.
They do best when they are part of a comprehensive approach to treating their children responsibly online. This means you need to talk to your children about what they should and shouldn’t do online, explain how you will work with them, and make it clear that you Keep an eye on their phones and tablets.
Best Parental Control Apps
Net Nanny, which we bear in mind the best control app for parents, has excellent web filtering technology and a modern, intelligent design. Of all the parental control apps we’ve tested, this one is the closest to the feature equivalence between iOS and Android versions.
Must Read: Real Estate Mapping Software
Net Nanny can track your child’s position, display their place of residence history, and set time allowances and timetable equally on both platforms. The iOS version lets you block dozens of apps on your child’s phone. Android One lets you block them all.
That App recently added screening of content that works within social media apps and services, including Instagram, Tick Tick and YouTube, instead of blocking or allowing them altogether.
Some Extra Pros of Net Nanny
- Great user interface.
- It can be approached from any personal computer.
- Has the ability to block impressive websites.
Some Cons of Net Nanny
- It’s too expensive.
- Some features, such as space, are missing.
- Most modern features have to be purchased.
- Complex setup.
Kaspersky Safe Kids
Kaspersky Safe Kids is very low-cost, has actual time notifications and placement alerts, comes with a great follow-up mechanism for monitoring and 14 different categories for content filtering. Easy installation process. One of the new features of Kaspersky is low battery alerts. When your child’s phone needs to be charged, you receive a notification.
This Child app comes with all of it you want from the Parental Controls app, as well as their screen time management tools, their real-time location and battery level showing capabilities.
You can block access to inappropriate websites, apps and games, and consult a child analyst for really difficult things.
Some Extra Pros of Kaspersky Safe Kids
- Prevent harmful content.
- Regulate screen time.
- View location and battery level.
- Surveillance social media activity.
- Free and premium version with 7 days free trial.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac OS, Android.
- Inexpensive price.
Some Cons of Kaspersky Safe Kids
- Many iOS limitations.
- Content filtering is limited to certain browsers.
- Slow web interface.
The Norton Family offers unlimited device monitoring and lets you monitor all of your children’s activities with well-planned web and mobile apps. An update to Family Premiere’s web filtering feature fixes previous issues, although it still can’t monitor Mac and some features may be a bit more powerful.
Norton Family lets you set rules and view your child’s activity from web consoles and parent apps for Android and iOS. You install the Local Child app on each monitored device to enforce rules and monitor activity. The Norton family can monitor Windows, Android and iOS devices.
you can access the web portal on Mac to set parameters, view your child’s activity and manage other children’s profiles.
Some Extra Pros of Norton Family
- Convenient at very affordable rates.
- Can be used to monitor multiple computer systems in your home or workplace.
- An excellent dashboard with a list of detailed reports.
Some Cons of Norton Family
- Provides limited support on iOS.
- It would have been better to keep track of social media.
Qustodio is one of the most far-reaching parental control apps, and we like that you can choose between the free basic version or pay to access additional features.
You can try all the premium features for a period of three days, which is good but also the trial period that we have seen.
One of our favorite Qustodio features is the panic button. Kids can access the panic button on their smartphones via this app.
When they hit the button, you immediately get a panic alert. And with location tracking, you can identify where your child is when they call for help.
Some Extra Pros of Qustodio
- Marvellous performance and good client reviews.
- Completely free version, though limited.
- Support for a wide range of devices.
- Supported operational systems: Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS.
Some Cons of Qustodio
- Premium plans are a bit expensive.
- Customer support is limited for those using the free version.
At first sight, the Bark app is an easy-to-use app that comes with many parental tools that allow you to understand how your child is developing in a virtual scenario.
This app lets you analyze and monitor posts about substance and drug abuse, phone number text messages and posts sent and received, bullies, sex, depression, suicide plans, and more.
The Bark app review will let you know that the app alerts you instantly when it sees text, posts, photos or emails.
Bark is a long-standing favorite service for many parents, specifically for social media monitoring. You are able to monitor the activity of more than one child and teenager on their devices.
Bark himself has impressed several parents with surveillance warnings from 24 different social media systems.
Some Extra Pros of Bark
- You need to monitor your children on 24 social media platforms (and history).
- You get alerts for text messages and emails.
- Compatible with most devices, including Android and IOS.
- Guidence to help parents start many moral conversations with their children.
Some Cons of Bark
- Less than blocking a site.
- There is very little screen time control on Smartphone’s.
OurPact is a simple, parental control app that offers many options for child control over mobile devices, as well as services.
Text messages and applications are limited to site filtering as well as locator capabilities, and parents have a wide range of monitoring and control tools.
With OurPact app you can control the screen time on your child’s device and set rules for a variety of mobile apps.
Because children are often distracted by mobile games and social media apps, our agreement app helps reduce parental distractions and ensure your child’s attention.
Some Extra Pros of OurPact
- Sharp Internet Screening.
- Screen time constraints.
Some Cons of OurPact
- Does not work properly on IOS.
- Limited set of features.
- No recording of activity.
Screen Time is a closely designed parental control app to help parents manage their phone’s use of them. The app can help parents perform a variety of tasks, such as limiting the time to use or setting several hours, if it is exceeded, a notification is sent to the parents and it also locks the children’s device.
The good thing about this app is that kids can’t change any settings or uninstall the app, as they will be prompted to provide a password set by the parents.
Some Extra Pros of Screen Time
- Supports various devices, IOS, Android, and more.
- Basic services are free.
- Easy to configure.
- Instant notification by mail.
Some Cons of Screen Time
- There is no such thing as GPS tracking.
- Some features only come with a premium or purchase package.
MMGuardian is a very popular parental tool that works for the most important IOS and Android devices out there. With competitive pricing and a user-friendly interface, our kids make it easy for us to monitor how our kids use their smartphones.
The best part about this app is that you can use it very easily without any technical experience. Easily install the app and then use it to monitor your child’s smartphone usage.
This app will also help you limit your child’s smartphone use. In addition, you can monitor device usage with detailed notifications sent through the app.
Some Extra Pros of MMGuardian
- Location tracking.
- Blocking contact.
- SMS and Call Blocking.
- Set time limits.
- It’s easy to set up and use.
- You can access its control panel remotely via App or by visiting its website.
Some Cons of MMGuardian
- Supports Android and IOS only.
- Some of the better features are lacking in different applications.
Boomrang is a parental controls app that works on both Android and IOS devices. It comes with a powerful suite of different options to help you monitor and control the screen time, usage, contacts, apps and other aspects of your child’s smartphone usage.
Boomrang Parental Control promotes device features, including powerful, interactive, real-time options that parents can handle with their own devices.
It is designed to act as a parental control and security / protection system for children who have their own Smartphone’s, depending on the child’s age and maturity level and parental comfort level.
Some Extra Pros of Boomrang
- Incredibly affordable plans.
- Very comprehensive suite of features, with individual controls for each app or activity on your child’s smartphone.
- Good app and device usage control.
- Useful web filters.
Some Cons of Boomrang
- The iPhone / iOS feature set is not as complete as for Android devices.
- Only monitors mobile devices.
- Single device plan is expensive
- Limitations on iOS.
The need for parental control app depends primarily on how old your children are. If you are a parent of children under 18, you may want to block objectionable websites. You are a busy parent, and you do not want any other work to be added to your long to-do list. Great parental control apps designed to quickly and concisely communicate all the important information you need to know about your child’s online safety.