Pause & Resume Windows 10 Updates: If you are using Windows operating system you will be well aware of system updates. Which is regularly extinguished by Microsoft. The purpose is to protect the security of your system. The number of security issues in its operating system is higher than the previous operating system ,So Windows 10 gets frequent update systems that include security and other bugs.
Sometimes you get this update at a time when you are doing a major project or important assessment. Most users are interested in installing this update at the same time as many other users who are postpone this update for a time.
Generally window update comes with in megabytes if your internet is at an uninterrupted speed then you can get the update within minutes. But sometimes due to the low speed of the Internet, this update takes a long time to complete. So if you want to avoid the hassle of updating your internet speed during work. So we will share these methods to stop the window update for some time And after you finish your work, you can start this update again.
Easy Method to Pause & Resume Windows Updates in Windows 10
- First of all press the keyboard button Win + X
- After that select command prompt option. You need to execute the given command:
net stop wuauserv
- You will then need to stop the BackGround Intelligent Transfer Service next step using given command.
net stop bits
- After that you will have to use the given command to stop the Delivery Optimization service.
net stop dosvc
So with the help of the above commands you can easily temporarily stop the Window update. In addition, if you want to download the update again, you can resume the download process using the given command:
net start wuauserv
net start bits
net start dosvc
Easy Method to Pause & Resume Windows Updates in Windows 10 through setting section
- Open Start menu and click on the Settings icon.
- After click setting option click on update & Security option.
- After click update & Security option then click on Advanced option.
- In last you need to click pause button on. This way allows you to pause window updates for up 35 days on your operating system.
This method easily allows you to pause or resume windows updates to your operating system. So if you want to delay such an update during work, follow the given information. If you have any questions about this information, please leave a comments.